A couple of weeks ago, Keegan asked me to set up a sitter for Friday night. Didn't tell me what he had planned. Just said we needed a date night, which I would never disagree to! He kept me in suspense, even through dinner....... just told me to wear my hair up, that we couldn't eat a heavy dinner and probably shouldn't drink too much with dinner either. And that this was something we had, but hadn't done before.... But he kept watching the clock and was in a hurry to be somewhere at an EXACT time! So, as we pulled into the Lee's Summit airport, I don't think I could have smiled any bigger. He made a bid on this package at a silent auction at work back in October for United Way, and was just waiting for nice weather and it couldn't have been a more perfect evening - beautiful, clear skies, nice temperature - just PERFECT! And I just just sat back and enjoyed every minute while Keegan took all of the photos.....
The plane, 75X-ray
First destination, to fly over John Deere, Keegan's new work building in Lenexa.
Then on to fly over our house..... Front view of the house
Backyard view. Wish we would have told the sitter to keep Lance up and sit out on the deck until we flew over....
We also flew over the racetrack and the Plaza..... then my favorite part, the touch and go at the airport in downtown KC. Literally touched down for 2 seconds and right back up we went. Pretty cool stuff!
But the views were absolutely breathtaking....
The FULL view of downtown KC....
Words can't express how excited I was! This is for sure a date I will NEVER forget. Thank you to my very thoughtful and amazing husband for this awesome surprise. This experience made both of us want to learn how to fly... maybe someday!










Awesome!
ReplyDelete