DAY 1 - Step 1 - Throw away ALL diapers - scary, yes! Keegan was at work and probably would not have been on board, but Lance thought it sounded like fun. (Don't worry - I really didn't waste all of those diapers and money. I fetched them out and stuck them in the trunk of my car so we can give them to someone else to use, or save them for Chase) And yes, you will see lots of pictures of a kid with no pants. Part of the training!
"C'mon Mommy!" "You no take pictures."
Tossed the diapers in the trash and took them out to the curb - even though it wasn't garbage day. He waited for a while for the garbage truck, but eventually gave up....
Then just hung around the house... no running errands. Just lots of side by side time. "Are your pants dry Lance?" " Good job buddy" "Remember to tell Mommy when you need to use the potty" I think I said those phrases repetitively at least 100 times..... We played games.
Played outside. (Especially on Day 1, so if there were accidents, there was little clean up involved.
Lance just loves his brother. He likes to give him hugs or ask Chase for hugs.... Chase will sometimes grab his hair. And when he does Lance tells Chase to "say sorry" for hurting him. LOL.
He held in his potty most of the day. Had just a couple of accidents. But right before bedtime, when we talked about keeping his bed and blanket and animals dry, he finally went!
Day 2 - The bed woke up dry. And when we were standing in the kitchen Lance told me he needed to use the potty, and he did! What excitement!!! He kept his big boy pants dry the rest of the day.
We had to prepare lots of different activities for the weekend. Different toys... Moon sand - which he LOVED!
Thank you Pinterest for the sidewalk paint idea.
Once I brought out the bucket of water, he had more fun washing away the paint, then he did actually painting!
Chase is always such a good helper with the laundry.
He discovered he can wave his hand last weekend while at Grandma and Grandpas, and he loves to watch himself wave it over and over and over.
Another Lance and chase side by side. They are only a week different in age in this picture. As they get older, they begin to differ even more in looks!!
Day 3 - We woke up again with a dry bed!!! YAY! Had just one little accident (Mom and Dad's fault for not being right by his side when he said he needed to use the potty.) And accident free again the rest of the day.... However, we had not yet tackled the (poop) He was holding it in, a little afraid to go.
I was a little worried about Monday, his first day to school without diapers (and not going poop for 3 days) I checked in twice and no accidents! Then when I picked him up he was sooooo excited to tell me that he stayed dry all day long AND, yes poop in the potty at school. I know, the things as parents, we get excited about...... (And Eldon, I know you are loving this post about potty and poop! LOL)
I told Lance I would have a little present for him if he pooped on the potty! He was SUPER excited about his first squirt gun. Amazing what a cheap toy does :-) His new shoes just happened to arrive today too, and since he was really wanting a "Bob the Builder Toy" Dad had a great idea, telling him they were Bob the Builder Shoes! Nice dad.
I had Chase in the Baby Bjorn and Lance wanted to carry Chase in the Bjorn, but he settled for carrying Lotso and his bunny instead. LOL. Love this little toddler!
Having a little squirt gun fight with neighbor Whitney- She's hiding behind the truck.
Myles got a turn too!
And Chase sat in the grass for the first time and just watched and took it all in.....
For those of you that might be interested in reading the 3 day potty training book, here is a link to purchase the book. Or e-mail me! I have a couple of friends that used this as well with just as much success as we had!












No comments:
Post a Comment