Jul 15, 2011

"Let me hold you longer"

A random post, something I don't ever want to forget..... and perhaps other will enjoy reading as well.

So, Lance will generally rotate his books at bedtime. We have quite the selection for him to choose from. 3 books every night is what we allow him to choose (Mom sometimes allows more, since this is my VERY favorite part of the day - even though lately Lance wants Daddy to read books at nighttime) Anyway, to continue..... Every once in a while he gets on a kick with a certain book. And he wants the SAME book every night for several weeks.... So, last week the trend started with a book called "Let me hold you longer" Which I believe my Mom gave to all of us kids at Christmas... thanks Mom for this SOBBER of a story- LOL! Keegan had apparently read the book to him a few nights in a row, but it was my first night of reading last weekend and as I got 3 pages in, I could barely keep myself together to finish the story because I was sobbing so badly.... I came out of Lance's room a mess and Keegan knew RIGHT away what book Lance had selected to read. So now, as he goes to the book shelf and picks out the BIG BOOK as he calls it and as he brings it over, I just grin... and when Keegan is in the room with him at book selection time, I hear Keegan say to him " I don't know what you find so interesting about this book" LOL.

This morning when I went into Lance's room, first thing he did is climbed out of his bed, walked over to the books, grabbed THE BIG BOOK, climbed up into the rocking chair, patted the chair and said "Mommy, right here... read this book" He curled up his little body in my lap and lay his head on my chest and we read "Let me hold you longer" Only a few choker tears... but mostly I smiled and enjoyed the ENTIRE book. Thinking that this moment is going to be a memory in the past so very soon...... just as the book talks about. As much as I wanted and needed to get going to work this morning, reading that book truly MADE my Friday morning! Thank you Lance.

No comments:

Post a Comment