May 25, 2011

Random Lance stories...

Lance is really into colors now, since we have been asking him SO MUCH "what color is this"?And he is catching on quickly too - we are having way too much fun with it! This will probably not be as funny to all of you readers as it was to me, but I needed to blog and catch the moment for myself.

This morning I was getting him ready and as I put his socks on him, without even asking he said "OHJ Sah" The tip of the sock was orange. I should clarify that his orange sounds like OHJ - kind of nasally. No R, No N. like Oh with a J at the end. Then I held up his shirt and before I could say anything he said "OHJ shit" Yes, just like that :-) And although I was laughing to myself, I said "yes, you are right Lance has an orange shirt." Then he pointed to me and said "Mommy, boo shit" Of course, I had a blue shirt on! So, he now really know three colors, yellow, orange and blue.

He is also using other adjectives and putting two words together. This morning as I put him in his chair for breakfast, he pointed to the chair to the right of him and said "Mommy's chair" and then pointed to the left and said "Daddy's chair" We obviously sit in the same place all the time. He has several "mows" - his word for cow. And he wanted to take his "big mow" and "lille mow" in the car with him this morning.

Another story from this morning. Lance was eating blueberry pancakes and I was eating Raisin Nut Cereal. He pointed as I was eating and asked "whats that?" So I offered him a bite, telling him it was a raisin. Then, for the remainder of our breakfast session, he kept picking out the raisins from my cereal saying "that one!" So, needless to say, Mom ate Flakes, minus the yummy raisins for breakfast this morning!

And a story from Monday night and I will stop..... I had our dinner all ready, sitting in front of each of our places at the table. Plates, napkins, utensils, and since I had poured milk for Keegan and Lance (and I do not like regular white milk) I poured a small glass of chocolate milk for myself. We were half way through dinner and I went to take a drink of my chocolate milk and Lance inevitably asks "whats that?" So I said "chocolate milk, would you like to try some" Usually he is not into trying new things, especially other drinks. This time he didn't refuse, so I held the glass up to his mouth and let him have a sip. He got this really BIG smile on his face and then said "candy"!!!! You should have seen the look on Keegan's face. I apparently will NOT be drinking chocolate milk at the dinner table any more. Because Lance only wanted Mommy's milk and not his own for the rest of dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment