May 20, 2011

21 and 21

Lance is 21 months (in 4 more days) and Baby BOY Dodson #2 is 21 weeks, in Mommy's tummy. The length of a carrot!





At 21 weeks, I am feeling as good as can be. Mostly tired, but sickness has pretty much dissolved. This little guy is starting to move around like crazy and especially likes to dance and exercise when I go to bed at night! Pictures from the revealing sonogram will follow next week. We got a new scanner at work and I haven't had a chance to figure it out yet!




It is so hard to keep up with everything with Lance at 21 months. He is just growing and learning so much each day it seems. He asks "whats that" to almost everything, even after you have told him what it is. And he tries to repeat what you tell him... it usually sounds NOTHING like what you have told him, but it sure brings a smile to our faces to hear the effort. There are some pretty clear ones though. FAVORITES at 21 months:


COLOR - YELLOW! Lance loves, loves, loves the color yellow. And when you ask him what color something is, everything is yellow. He can say orange and blue and if you have three objects that are those three colors he can distinquish between them. But most of the time, he likes to say yellow :-) LOL.


BOOK - Llama, Llama Red Pajama. I picked this up at Kohls, more for a donation, at the checkout lane, thinking he may not be old enough for it or be interested in it... but this is his new favorite bedtime story!


SONG - I like to "eat, eat, eat" apples and bananans.... Mom has made up some of our own words to this tune too, and he just loves it!!! I need to get video, but his little voice trying to sing apples and bananas melts my heart. They all get combined into one word but you can tell what he is trying to sing. AND, speaking of singing... I am speaking way to early I am sure, but I think Lance may have Mom's ear for pitch and rhythmn! He was singing EIEIO in the car the other day and couldn't have been more on pitch or tune :-)


TOYS - His mower. Although he seems to be terrified of an actual mower (even though he will talk about Daddy's BIG mower) he just loves to play with his mower. We've even had to bring it in the house a couple of the rainy cold days! He is really into footballs, basketballs, baseballs, and soccerballs too. He knows the difference between them ALL but mos tof them sound the same.

AIRPLANE - He loves it when he hears and sees a helicopter or airplane in the sky.... pointing up and wanting us to lift him up to get closer. This is good, because airplanes are going to be incorporated into his new BIG boy room soon.


FOOD - Well, it really shouldn't be called "food" but ever since Easter he is in love with Jelly Beans, especially yellow ones of course! And right now, he is usually happy with getting just ONE. I am sure that will change, but we keep it at one for now.


FRIEND - Julia. Lance has moved from wanting to see Lena every day to talking about Julia all the time. When we are getting ready and talking about school in the morning, he smiles and giggles about Julia! When we sing the balloon song, we have to sing about Julia! When we turn into the parking lot at school, he gets a big GRIN on his face and says "Julia" I just learned last night that Julia is moving across the street to the next toddler room starting in June.... We are going to have to schedule some play dates for sure!


JUMP - When Lance talks about or sees Daisy, he now tries to imitate her jump-jumping, like she does when she wants to go outside. We get quite the chuckle out of it. Amazing how entertaining a 21 month old can be. And how many smiles they can bring to your face too!

No comments:

Post a Comment