Mar 22, 2012

Look who's 6 MONTHS old

6 months, half a year, yep - gone just like that. Absolutely crazy!! I have LOTS of pictures for this update. So, pictures first, and then an update will follow. I loved the picture that I had of Lance at 6 months old with Daddy's tie on... so I had to get one of Chase as well.

And I am pretty proud of myself. These are pictures by Mom, not neighbor Jerry this time (but thanks Jerry for letting me borrow the black backdrop cloth) And thanks to Dad and brother Lance for helping in the background to make Chase smile :-)

There was something about this one I fell in love with. Maybe because Dad kept trying to keep the tie out of his mouth (it's one of his favorites!) and Chase kept putting it right back in. LOL! Everything into the mouth these days.
 Look at ALL my muscles - LOL.
 my sweet happy little guy!
 A little editing work to get them more similar but this is Lance around the same age with his tie on.


 Hands in our mouth- ALL the time......
 And I couldn't skip our monthly monkey picture.


 Yes, he does cry. When he is hungry, like he is here and when I put him on his tummy, like I did here! He has somehow forgotten all of the sudden how to roll back to his back. He'll figure it back out eventually, right!!?!?!?
 One way to calm him, a way he really relaxes is to put him in his little vibrating chair (that I was about to get rid of) and turn on his Baby Praise movie or Einstein. He is as still and quiet as can be.
 Daddy knows just how to tickle him. He is SOOOO ticklish, especially under his arms.
 Our very last swaddled night about a week before he turned 6 months. It was super hot in the house, so no jammies. Just the swaddle around his torso. We weaned him off, one arm at a time. And now he is into the sleepsack. Goodbye to our much loved swaddle that the boys absolutely LOVED.
 Goofy Chase sticking out his tongue.

At 6 months YOU:
  • Are sitting like a big boy! You still fall to the side and backwards, so we try to keep the boppy pillow around. But you're doing good.
  • Aren't a huge fan of cereal. But you seem to like the other food. So far we have tried; peas, carrots, apples, bananas, and your BIG favorite so far - Sweet Potatoes. All within the last 2 days.
  • Love your schedule. Nap and eating. Two or three naps a day and eating your bottle every 4 to 4 and a half hours. Cereal with fruit in the morning and cereal with a veggie at night. You love to sit in the highchair while we eat.
  • Are starting to like your jumper a bit more. We just put up the doorway jumper this weekend and you really get going!!!!
  • Love the outdoors, just like the rest of us.
  • Grab for my necklaces ALL the time. You would think I would learn and just not wear them. You have already broken two of them. Good thing Daddy is handy!
  • The excitement in your face and movements when you see your bottle ready, is the greatest! You start making noises and grabbing with both hands. I love it!
  • Spit bubbles. You will do it in your highchair and your brother thinks we think it is cute, so he tries it too... with food in his mouth. Which isn't too funny.
  • Give us another reason to smile every day!!! Between you and your brother, not only do you keep us busy, but you keep us happy and keep us in check. Making us realize what life is all about!
  • Words and pictures will never be able to describe what you have given to your Dad and I - pure and complete JOY.
I actually told Keegan this morning, "you realize we gave Lance the best thing ever by having Chase..." Lance adores Chase beyond belief. He wants to talk to him and tell him all about everything. He likes to read to him and show him his toys. My heart melts a million times a week watching him and the love he has for his brother. I can't wait to see what the next 6 months will bring us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment