Mar 11, 2012

FIRST bites and BACKHOE

This weekend we ventured out to the Kansas City Car Show. Lance thought it was pretty cool and fun to climb in and drive all the different vehicles. He didn't like it when we lost Daddy and spent 15 minutes doing a "where's waldo search!" Of course I didn't have my phone on me.....
I think I have my Grandpa and Grandma Gant's taste... this Cadillac was one of my favorites, however Nissan didn't have a display.
 Lance giving Dad a ride in the pick up truck!
Saturday was sunny and beautiful and we spent lots of time outside. Sunday, gloomy and rainy. But I had promised Lance if he was good for the sitter on Saturday night while Mom and Dad went out, we would play in the sand with his backhoe. So, I had to keep my word! He had a great time digging in the mud and water with his backhoe and trucks! And splashing in puddles too of course.
 Just a boy and his favorite toy - his backhoe! Starting just this weekend, Lance has to take this backhoe everywhere with him - in the house anyway; to the table when he eats (but we have to set it back so he doesn't play whiel eating) to the potty, and when I went to check on him after getting home from a date night, he was sleeping in bed with it too. And this was actually Keegan's toy from childhhod.
And this weekend, Chase got his first bites of cereal. Yum Yum. He's waiting patiently, looking like a big boy!
 He did pretty good and seemed to like it. Gagged a few times and spit out only a little.
Dad was having a tough time getting him to open his mouth here..... this is BY FAR my favorite picture of the night! I unfortunately didn't capture a picture, but Lance was also opening his mouth wide too, just like Dad.
 And Lance was very concerned that Chase was "gettin messy!"
And there are very few times this little guy doesn't smile. He was laughing and smiling even while eating.

A couple of other notes.....

  • We are starting to talk more about the potty. Lance is taking a little more interest in the idea of it anyway. He sat on the potty Friday night and went for the first time at home (#1)! We were super excited and bought a marble jar. We were out and about a lot on Saturday and Sunday so hopefully next weekend we can stay close to home and hit it hard!
  • I left this off the last update, but when Lance is done eating dinner each night, he asks "I be excused?" They have to ask to be excused from the table at school and this has carried home. It's pretty cute.
  • Chase is talking "bababababa" ALL the time!  He will mimic us when we open and close our mouth and stick our tongue out. He is also getting within a week or so of sitting on his own I think!
  • I talk so much about the kids and have forgot to mention that our oldest guy, Cooper, has been pretty sick since Christmas time. We have had him in and out of the vet for tests, different medicine, different food and they still can't seem to figure out what is going on. We have an ultrasound scheduled for tomorrow so hopefully give us more answers that will help him feel better and let us sleep a full night. Chase is a good sleeper, but Cooper has us up 3 to 5 times each night..... He went 3 days not eating last week and I was getting a bit nervous. After picking up some canned food from the vet this weekend, he is happy to eat that!
That's a wrap for this weekend. Stay tuned next weekend for St. Patty's day pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment