- "One More Time" He holds up his little finger when he wants to see or do something one more time. He sometimes uses it in the place of "more" We saw a motorcycle leaving at his school today and after it drove away, he said "one more time" He is also REALLY into watching his woody "jump jump" video from his birthday party and just about every time he watches it he says "one more time" because he has heard Mom and Dad tell him enough that he only gets to watch it ONE MORE TIME!!!
- "Bless You" - the other day I coughed at the dinner table and Lance must have confused it with a sneeze, but said "Bless You" as cute as can be! He then sneezed yesterday morning and said "Bless You" to himself.
- Chocolate Milk - He discovered chocolate milk, thanks to Mom - Dad isn't too happy! And he calls it "chawka milk" We are trying to limit when he gets it and so far he still does pretty good with just water and white milk (still won't drink any juice) If he is with at the store when we buy milk, we also have to buy his milk with a picture of a cow on it - because he calls it cow milk. And it MUST have a picture of a cow on it. Generally, this means we buy more expensive milk when Lance is with at the store.
- This last weekend Keegan put the car seat bases in our vehicles for Chase's car seat. When I put Lance in his seat yesterday morning to go to school, he looked over and said, "Chase sit right there" Yancey sit right here"
- Which leads me to the next bullet point - Lance is calling himself "Yancey" I think they must call him Lancey at school. I repeat to him after he says it, "just Lance" not Lancey. He will say "JUST Yance" and then proceed in the next sentence with "Yancey"
- He wants NOTHING to do with riding in a shopping cart at the store, which is going to make for some difficult errand running once we have two! FUN STUFF!
- Lance is starting to pro-long bedtime. And a few times in the past week has actually thrown a little bit of a fit on the way to the bedroom. Once we get him in the room and into his routine he is fine, but he is starting to think of excuses or things to do rather than heading to bed - which is SO unusual for him. Again, fun stuff, right when #2 is coming. We are in for a whirlwind!
- Fake laugh - he has started this really funny, fake laugh. Not much more to write or try to explain on this one, you have to hear it for yourself. He gets himself going though - makes Mom and Dad laugh.
Sep 20, 2011
Last day as an ONLY child - Lance updates
So I got thinking today, that tomorrow is going to be Lance's last day as an only child! Makes me feel kind of sad for him. Now I wish I would have taken off for the day to spend some extra time with him. I wanted to blog a few updates before I head into a busy few weeks and don't get a chance to update on new Lance words, events, etc.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment