Aug 2, 2011

Someone was watching...

As most everyone has heard by now, Lance and I (and Chase) had quite the scare earlier this week. I have replayed the morning and the accident over and over in my head all week long and can only count my blessings and KNOW that there MUST have been someone watching over us that morning! No other explanation for there not being even a scratch on any of us.
Our morning started as normal as could be.... reading a book, letting the dogs out to potty, pouring our glass of milk and packing our breakfast. Then down the stairs as Lance says "babye poopa" "babye dayee" Lance wanted to give the dogs a treat when we got to the car, but we were already well on our way so I told him we could give them a treat when we got home from school. We turned on Lance's CD of music... singing "if you're happy and you know it" Lance is really into pointing out stop signs right now, so as we pull out of the sub division, he points out one red stop sign.... we turn right and get to the 4 way stop less than a block away. We stop and I repeat " 2 red stop signs" Then proceed as usual....... and as I am more than half way through the intersection, CRASH - a car came from out of nowhere and I didn't even see it until we collided. The other car spun up onto the curb and into a light pole and my car came quickly to a stop.
I immediately got out of the car, opened Lance's door to make sure he was ok - and he handed me his bowl and said "cereal, all gone" He had no idea what had even happened. Then I walked a few steps as the other people got out of their car and asked if they were ok. Everyone fine, no injuries. AMAZING! The driver came over and apologized immediately over and over and over. He admitted that he just completely blew through the stop sign(had to have been going 45-50mph), and by the time he realized he was going through the stop sign and saw me, all he could think to do was swerve..... and thank God that was his first instinct. He was coming from the left and had he not swerved or just slammed on the brakes, he would have hit Lance and I (and Baby Chase) head on! Someone was watching and someone helped him make that quick decision to swerve like he did.....
Car was towed away, and the police officer and Keegan thought best for me to get checked out, being 32 weeks pregnant. So after we dropped Lance off at school we headed to the Hospital. Ended up that the impact from the accident had started contractions, so after being hooked up to monitors and realizing that the contractions weren't stopping on their own, they gave me some medicine and within an hour the contractions had pretty much gone away. After almost 7 hours in the hospital I was finally released and as hungry as I have been my ENTIRE pregnancy!
I will replay that accident each time I approach the intersection and will continue to count my blessings and give thanks to whoever was watching over me, Lance and Chase that morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment