YEP, you read the title right. Lance went poop ON the potty literally...
He is pretty on schedule with the pooping. After dinner every other night, usually not every night, as we are playing or looking up stuff on you tube on the iPAD, he begins to say "no poop, no poop" meaning that he is about ready to grunt and poop! LOL. We have asked him week after week, do you want to go sit on the potty or encourage him "let's go sit on the potty" and each time he begins to cry "no potty, no potty" So we don't pressure him, figuring when he's ready, he's ready.
So tonight started no differently. We had dinner, finished the dishes and were playing in the front room when Lance starts to say "no poop, no poop" And as always, I asked him if he wanted to sit on the potty.... "no potty" and I used the bribe AGAIN. "If you want to try and sit and poop on the potty, we can get ice cream" Tonight, he headed over to the stairs and started climbing up. Into the bathroom, we take off the shorts and diaper.... and I put him up on the BIG potty, but he wanted down on the little potty... fine, fine by me. Either potty is GREAT! After 2 seconds, he says "all done potty" I encourage him to stay on and tell him Daddy will bring up the iPAD and we can watch tigers and lions while he sits on the potty..... I KNEW he had to poop.
YES, I am really writing about Lance pooping, more for my own documentation, so please feel free to stop at any point :-)
That seemed to work. Dad came up with the iPAd and Lance sat on the little potty. About 1, maybe 2 minutes in, Lance begins to stand up saying "no poop" and as he started walking away the poop came out... literally ON the potty and the floor - not IN the potty. He had the most concerned and scared look on his face - Keegan and I looked at each other, wanting to bust out laughing.... and then we started clapping and saying "Yay, you went poop on the potty" We repeated OVER AND OVER AND OVER. He finally started getting excited about it and he watched us frantically clean up the poop (well, Keegan cleaning up the poop) Then was so excited to flush his poop in the big potty.
We promised him Ice Cream and made a big deal about going to get a "Woody" toy and Ice Cream because he went poop on the potty... and then Keegan tried explaining to him that he wasn't going to get a toy every time he pooped on the potty as we were walking into Toys R Us - LOL. As if he understands that.
We walked up and down the isles pointing out toys. He seemed most interested in a garbage truck and Toy Story Toys of course. But he started "lighting up" and I mean "beaming" when I pulled out a stuffed "Lotso the Bear" And that is what he wanted! He hugged Lotso and kissed Lotso and started running down the isle.... He didn't want to let go of it for us to pay for it - started getting the sad pouty lips and said "my Lotso" He squeezed that bear so tight when we got in the truck and then when we stopped for Ice Cream, he didn't want to leave him in the truck.... I can't stop smiling just thinking about it.


So, we'll see how far that goes! We showed Lotso where he went potty when we got home.. and talked about going again. But who knows what tomorrow will bring.
No comments:
Post a Comment