Jan 2, 2009

The News for 2009!!


Hopefully all who are reading this have already heard the exciting and wonderful news! Keegan and I found out just before we left to come home for the Holidays that we are pregnant!!! Expecting our first baby in August 2009. Although this was a planned thing, we are still both in a bit of shock (Is this for real?) :-)

We had our first visit to the doctor on Monday, the 29th. Official due date is August 21st and all looks well. I had an elevated white blood cell count, but they said nothing to be worried about at this time. They will retest again at our next appointment, which is late January. We will also get to hear the heart beat and have the first sonogram at that time! I'm sure it will be here before we know it.
Since the appointment on Monday, "morning sickness" has sure kicked in and is not only happening in the morning, but ALL day long. I have tried just about everything - still need to make some ginger cakes :-)

Keegan has been wonderful so far, of course. While I was working last Sunday, he headed out to the grocery store for the weekly groceries - and I think he spent more than I have EVER spent! :-) I chuckle just thinking about it - he was so excited to show me everything that he had gotten - we had been reading about what all I need to be eating to have a healthy pregnancy on our drive home and he came home with lots of whole grains, fruits, veggies, juice with calcium since I don't like milk, trail mix with all the good stuff... and lots more..... and meals planned out for the week..... I feel terrible since I haven't felt much like eating all week long.

TELLING THE NEWS - we debated telling so early on in our first pregnancy - but what better time than Christmas to share our exciting news!

When we arrived in town late Friday evening, Keegan brought in an "early" gift for his parents to open. I had framed the above pictures of Keegan and the piggy bank with the positive pregnancy test. Keegan's Mom opened the package and stared at it for what seemed like an eternity... and then said "Are you moving to Chicago?" Keegan and get a kick out of it. It was pretty dark in the room and very late and she couldn't make out what was sitting on top of the piggy bank.... she passed the photo to his dad, who gave a smirk (as he had figured it out) and passed it back to his Mom) We ended up having to tell her it was a positive pregnancy test sitting on top of the piggy bank - I think they were in shock!


This is how we told my family...... I took this daily special menu down to our waiter before everyone arrived and slipped it in the menu.... and then we sat back and waited for reactions. (If you can't read the menu above, the last special is called the Oh BABY Special - Priceless) I noticed Bryon and Tim throw it off to the side right away- I am sure they already knew what they wanted to eat. Mom and Gail glanced at it and put it down..... low and behold, the pickiest eater, who I still can't believe would read the daily specials, looked up at me and gave me the biggest eyes ever as she pointed to the menu. I quickly hushed her to see if others would catch on. Larry then caught on and announced to the table to read the daily specials.... laughter and chatting is all I remember... and my Mom crying and crying and crying.. like this were her first grandchild. :-) When she wouldn't stop I said "Mom, is it really THAT bad?" and she replied "I just never thought about how many grand kids I was going to have when I had 5 kids!"
And this is how we told the rest of Keegan's family! Christmas Eve I had wrapped a frame for each of our nieces and nephews that had a letter to spell out B-A-B-Y. They opened them all at the same time.... and as they all looked dazed and confused as to what the present was (surely not something they had asked for) Keegan's Mom says, does that spell something? And I think it was Kyler shouted "ABBY!" I still can't stop laughing. After Kaylee figured it out and we got the above picture, Cameron says "Cool, now we will have a real person cousin!"
We are so excited (and a bit nervous) for a completely and totally new 2009 year ahead of us and wish everyone a healthy and Happy New 2009 Year!

1 comment:

  1. Keagan's face in that Born to be a Cubs Fan picture is priceless. Congratulations again to you guys. Lots of love from the QCs! - Nicky

    ReplyDelete