Not much to report on. Since I have been pretty much stuck to my bed most of the day, every day, we haven't been doing anything too exciting. As I have been home, sitting in bed with my laptop and saltine crackers, the dogs have been really good (they must know that I am not feeling well) They leave me alone for the most part, which is good because their dog smell and breath sure haven't been going over well with me.... I am trying to be optimistic - I know this is only temporary and I will get through it.
I did get out of the house on Saturday - Keegan had bought me tickets to see the broadway musical Annie (one of my favorites). I had to force myself to go, not feeling the greatest all morning - but after we got out and got a little appetizer in us, the play took my mind off things and was very nice - Thanks to Keegan for being a trooper and going to the play with me ( I think he was one of like 20 guys at the play - we were surrounded by Mom's, Sister's and little girls!) :-)
Keegan also bought new outside lights to replace the old, rusty ones right outside the garage and our front porch. He has 2 of them up, 1 left to go - I'll post pictures when they are all up! Keegan was also productive in getting the Christmas lights all taken down on one of our nice, sunny afternoons last week. It was back to work for him Monday after being off for 2 weeks...
At the rate that I am going, the inside Christmas decorations will be put away by Easter! And ya, those Christmas cards are still going out - late. I am going to get them out!
I went into work yesterday for the first time since last Tuesday and was miserable most of the day - took a long lunch and came home and rested. The last few days, between 2-5, seems to be the best time for me feeling somewhat decent, although still a bit queasy.
Thanks to everyone for all the suggestions to help out with this. I have been trying just about everything.... the crackers in the morning, eating often, cheese cubes, Vitamin B6, sucking on candy - peppermints (ick), gummy bears/worms, haven't made that ginger tea yet that someone gave me yesterday but maybe I'll do that this afternoon if I can stop dry heaving..... good news is that I am keeping just about everything down and staying hydrated!
Well, nothing exciting, but that is what is happening around the Dodson house :-) I bet you wish you were here!
I hope you feel better soon Joy!!! Hang in there!!!!!
ReplyDelete