Jan 29, 2009

Long Update

OK - So I haven't been real good with the updates lately - sorry to those who check up often. Between not feeling well and visitors and trying to get some work done I haven't gotten around to it. BUT, here is a recap of the past couple of weeks............

First of all, I have a new Nephew! Little Dylan :-) He was in Iowa City for his surgery and recovery for 3 short weeks and is doing GREAT! Such a miracle and blessing, everything they can do for babies this small. Mom, Dad and big brother Josh are doing good too!Weekend of January 16th my OTHER big brother Bryon came down to visit us. Needless to say it was more him and Keegan visiting and drinking than anything -which is fine- guys need bonding time too! I had the worst weekend EVER. Wondering if maybe I had the flu on top of my morning sickness. Although I was feeling crappy it was nice to have a visitor, especially for Keegan! We were also able to offload our elliptical machine that has been sitting, unused, for quite some time. We needed to get rid of it so we can make space for baby Dodson!!
Last week our friend Drew came in town to visit. (Mostly because the ACDC concert was in town) :-) Once again, Joy in bed sick, and the boys went out and partied it up! I was a VERY nice wife and went and picked the boys up downtown after the concert Wednesday late night as they were a little beyond "driving material." Even had to pull over for Drew to puke on the way home..... it was good entertainment for about 5 minutes and then they were both passed out. :-)

Keegan showed Drew around town all week and then Mary, Drew's girlfriend, arrived in town Friday. The 3 able to drink and feeling well went to the Boulevard Brewing tour and since I still wasn't feeling up to par, the boys decided to fix us girls dinner at the house - so sweet! It was quite the show, but dinner was excellent. Probably the first real meal that I have been able to eat and keep down in 2 weeks. Then we played some competitive domino's! Such fun hosts we are.

Saturday we watched the Illinois game at Keegans favorite place to get a BLT - The Peanut - and went to the World War I Memorial, got dinner and cheesecake and went back to the house to finish up that long game of Dominos.




And so, in a quick nut shell, that is our past couple of weeks. We have our first sonogram this afternoon and will also hopefully get to hear the first heartbeat. I will be 11 weeks tomorrow, so just waiting it out to get through this first trimester and hope that the sickness will go away. I'll post an update to let you all know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment