Nov 17, 2008

Don't answer the door.

I worked from home for a few hours this morning and was able to do some laundry at the same time. That started the day off good. AND I got soooo much done at work too.... :-) So, it is a Monday night. I had my normal talk with Jaymi on the car ride home - a short one tonight and then chatted with Nicky for a little while too - 2 phone calls in one night, a miracle!!! And I got to hear Joshua say TURTLE - TUH-TUH. I sure do miss home sometimes. It brought a HUGE smile to my face.
After we got home from work we made a short grocery list for the week and took the dogs with for a car ride to the grocery store (we aren't quite feeling up to a walk tonight) We got home and made dinner - Turkey slices and gravy over bread, with broccoli and cheese... fun dinner. We sat down to watch some recorded TV from last week and the dogs would NOT stop playing, chasing each other,barking... I think our punishment for not just taking them for a walk.
Finally, they settled down. Cooper up on the over sized chair with me, covered under the blanket... when the doorbell rang. (Our doorbell NEVER rings) Cooper frantically tries to twist out of the blankets while Barking like crazy. Daisy is already at the door.
So Keegan looks at me.... and is clearly not getting up to answer the door.... and says, "it's probably just girl scouts, don't answer...." Like I just can't answer the door.
Guess who it was? Boy scouts.... delivering the popcorn that Keegan was sure we were never going to see. He thought that the little boy scammed us! So pessimistic! But he sure did enjoy his popcorn tonight... that will teach him not to answer the door next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment