Jul 29, 2012

Old House, New House

"Old House, New House" is the name of the book that we have been reading each night before Lance goes to bed, preparing him for the move - WHAT? Yep, the move back "home" to the good old QC. Keegan got a new job with Deere located back in Illinois, and we are excited about this new chapter in our lives yet again, and the journey and opportunity to spend more time with all of our family.
I don't want to think too much yet about all of the good bye's for us that will take place in one short month.... there are so many things we aer going to miss about our life here in KC (I'll have to reflect on that a bit later)
For now we (mostly Keegan this time around) are busy filling out paperwork, making phone calls, shopping for new furniture, etc. We have purchased a new home in Bettendorf (which we took Lance too and he went CRAZY!) and our house has now been on the market for 2 weeks with quite a bit of traffic, but no bites yet! (Ok, as I get ready to post this, we now have an offer. Less then 3 weeks on the market!) We are still hopefull that we will sell it quickly.  Lance and Chase are both enrolled in new schools in Iowa and I am in search for a new job!!!! Getting out the door in the morning is quite different these days since all beds have to be made (yes, that is right, I don't normally make beds every day - although it does look really nice!) And all toys have to be completely picked up and all dishes done, etc. Just in case someone calls to see the house while we are at work.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Joy and family, so sorry about your loss hon, I know he was a special dog to you, Keegan and now the boys as well...even I thought he was a good dog, but then I am not much of a judge since animals are not my favorite things bug you know that..

    I was looking for a pic of the new house lol not expecting it to be a story that you were sharing with Lance, waht is your address in Bettendorf, would like to drive by and look at it sometime...Love You All can't wait till you are back here in the QC

    ReplyDelete