My BIG cheeser.
He gets in these 2 or 3 days cycles of wanting to take a stuffed animal with him places. Then is fine without for a week or so and gets back to it. Today, he wanted Lotso to be in the pictures! Lance also LOVES to wear his shirts with hoods... he only has two. And they get worn weekly, as soon as they are clean! He likes to pick out his own clothes.
He enjoys talking to Chase while he is playing. So cute sometimes he'll stop in the middle of playing and say "hi buddy!" And proceed to give him a kiss or hug. Then get right back to playing! I do hope that his love for his brother continues.......
Ok, here goes nothing! I've been keeping my notes to try and keep track of all that is going on in the life of Lance at 2 and a half years.
At 2 and a half YOU:
- Have decided that you love rice. Any kind of rice really and now I can make a rice casserole and you actually will try it. We even made couscous the other night (Mom called it little rice to get you to try it) and then you loved it! So I told you it was called couscous and now you ask for couscous!
- Say "DEE-LICIOUS" all the time. You say it to food items even that you don't like. So if Mom and Dad are fixing Salmon and we tell you that is what we are eating, you say, "Mmmm... Salmon, DEE-LICIOUS!" It's pretty cute. We then ask if you want to try it "No thank you!" Always.
- MUST put chap-stick on after brushing teeth and before bedtime. Dad introduced you to this in his truck and we had to get you your own.
- A couple of phrases from this last week. "Yep, I pretty tired" Umm..how bout this one?" "I dirty, I need a bath" "I do it myself" "Just a couple" (I am amazed that you know what a couple actually means) And the other night while playing (actually the same time the picture was being taken above) I ask you "Lance, did you toot?" and you reply to me "Nope, Chase pooped. He smelly" LOL. Already blaming the little innocent brother.
- Are REALLY into your construction equipment. And you know them all. Excavator, (which you say SO well and can recognize the word in a book) Bulldozer, Backhoe, Loader, Dump Truck, Crane, Telehandler, Skid Steer..... and so on. And if I call them the wrong name, you are very quick to correct me.
- You insist on fresh water at bedtime to have on your nightstand.
- LOVE to play ball. Any kind of ball right now. Kick ball (soccer) which Mr. Sam at school plays with you at recess apparently. Baseball - you love to pitch to Mom and Dad, but aren't too good at hitting. You have learned over the past couple of months how to catch the ball very well.
- REFUSE to sit in your booster seat at home anymore.
- Like to eat frozen pancakes for breakfast. Or for any meal, if we would let you. Not sure where that came from. You starting screaming one morning that you didn't want the pancake warm, so I said fine, eat it cold, it's gross. Your reply after your first bite was "Mmm... it's DEE-licious!" Really?
- Dad has called you "sir" a couple of times."Here you go sir" And this week you called him sir back. We both grinned as big as we could grin.
- If I repeat what you have said as a question, you respond in the cutest OK voice. Example: you are talking about your Lotso Bear and sleeping or napping, so I ask you "You want to take Lotso to sleep at school?" OKAY! As if that was a great idea that I came up with, even thought it was really your idea. (If any of that just made sense....)
- Sing all the time. Recent song you sing to Chase in the car and at home is Twinkle Twinkle Little Star! So cute and sweet.
- Are full of energy and full of LOVE. As most 2 and a half year olds, you have your moments of determination and frustration... but overall are so fun to watch and spend time with.




No comments:
Post a Comment