I will start with a few pics (that melt my heart) and then I'll get to some overdue updates!
Lance absolutely LOVES it when Chase comes to play in his room! This was just this morning, before we headed to "school." Lance is reading Chase a book and showing him the pictures. He really is such a good, loving big brother.
I love how Chase is totally looking at and listening to Lance. He knows Lance's voice and will smile when he hears him in the morning. I truly hope I don't ever forget moments like this.......
SO, I guess Lance is at the age where he likes the IDEA of Santa, but was a bit too scared to sit on his lap this year. Santa was SO nice to Lance and stood up and talked to him and showed him his toys and talked to him about his reindeer and trains..... He never cried, but he stayed close to Mom. Since he wasn't going to sit on Santa's lap, and we didn't buy a package, we couldn't get closer for better pics, so this is what we have this year! We opted to leave Chase sleeping and he can meet Santa next year. But Lance did talk to Santa and ask him for the present he has been talking about for the past couple of weeks.... a Vacuum cleaner.
Just about every weekend we make a trip to Bass Pro Shops where Lance has his routine. Visit the BIG fish (didn't get a pic of that this time) Look for the fish in the pond. Talk to the BIG brown bear. Go UP the elevator. Shoot the guns. Since it is Christmas time, there are added events to our trip too.....He just loves to drive the train through the tunnel. He is ALL about tunnels right now! We have been building tunnels at home for him to and his toys to play in.
And talking to "prosting the snowman" He thinks the name is Frosting, not Frosty and can't say the "f" sound at the beginning of words. So he calls him "prosting!"
Coloring a picture for Santa!So, now for the updates....
LANCE:
- LOVES to sing. His favorite song, that he will sing around the house and at the dinner table and in the car is, "Farmer in the Dell" I really need to get video of this. Every time I get it out, he freezes on me! Yes, my Lance freezing in front of the camera! He also sings EIEIO and ABC's really well and has started to sing some Christmas tunes too.
- Quickly discovered the wrapped presents under the tree and talks about Lance's presents. Keegan told him we can't open them yet, but he can shake them to try and guess what they are.... Apparently Mom needs to start wrapping better already. He picked up a book that I wrapped and shook it and said "Lancey open book. lancey read book!" A 2 year old already figured out one of his presents! LOL
- Counts to ten, all by himself, consistently! So fun to hear him in his little toddler voice counting.
- Is REALLY into jumping. On the bed, on the floor, off the fire place.... he tries to get away on the couch too, but that doesn't last too long. Here is my monkey in his monkey Jammies, jumping on the bed!
- DEMANDS "hug me" "kiss you" after we lay him down in bed. I know these days are limited, so we are soaking it up and taking EVERY hug and kiss we can get!
- He has started to wake up a bit earlier ever since we went home for Thanksgiving. And instead of getting up and rolling around and reading books, etc. for 30 minutes or so, he now calls for Mommy or Daddy to come, which we are just not used to. He used to stay in his bed quietly until we went in his room.... I knew it was too good to be true!
- Vocabulary is growing like CRAZY! He likes to try and repeat everything we say. Keegan will tease him and try to say really long words with lots of syllables and Lance will still try to say it!
- Our night time movie has changed yet again, and we are now on Frosty the Snowman. We have watched Rudolph only a couple of times as he is much more into Frosty (Frosting) But a nice choice of movie for the Holiday season!
- Is such a happy, relaxed, good baby. We feel so very blessed and lucky beyond belief.
- He talks, smiles and kicks when he hears our voices and watches us smile at him! And is quite the ticklish little guy too!! Keegan can REALLY get him laughing.
- Sadly, had his first day of daycare last Thursday. He is going just 2 days a week for December and then starts going 4 days a week in January. I cried the ENTIRE way home and had I not scheduled a massage, wanted to go back and get him! I thought I was ready for the day to myself, but got home and wanted to be changing diapers and feeding him a bottle. I ended up laying down and napping for almost 2 hours, then had a WONDERFUL massage (thank you Keegan!) and did some shopping. Lance is in the same building and likes to be able to visit Chase a couple of times a day!
- Sleeps anywhere from 7-10 hours straight at night, all swaddled up!
- Doesn't nap longer than 30-40 minutes on his back with no swaddle during the day. He is usually awake about an hour and a half to 2 hours and then is ready to take a snooze!
- We started the bumbo chair and try to do tummy time at least twice a day. I'll have to get some more recent pics of him (this bumbo pic is from a few weeks ago, the first day I put him in it!) he has already changed so much.






No comments:
Post a Comment