The parenting tip that I received by e-mail today, would have been helpful last night :-)
http://www.parents.com/toddlers-preschoolers/discipline/tantrum/tame-your-kids-tantrums/?sssdmh=dm17.501222&esrc=nwpmmdailytip010811&email=2680668440
Yes, that is right. Lance threw his 1st official - AWFUL temper TANTRUM. I was very impressed with myself, being here by myself especially. I did not yell, I did not get angry, I did not cry - although I felt like doing ALL 3. I did get firm a couple of times and grabbed his wrist when he was swatting at me, yes swatting at me, toys, books, pacifiers, anything I put in front of him....... I didn't think these tantrums started until age 2 or 3? End result... I ended up sticking him in his crib, naked.... because there is no way I was getting a diaper on this angry kid. About 5-7 minutes of crying (screaming) throwing pacifiers, blankets, and he started to calm. I walked in - he held out his arms and said in a sweet, soft voice "ma ma" He gave me a hug and a kiss. And that was that! The first of MANY more to come I am sure.
BUT - Today has been one of the BEST days in a long time (although we sure missed Dad) Lance and I had a date at iHop for breakfast. Then he got a haircut at Sportsclips (and got his 1st sucker too) We got some grocery shopping done - Lance was loving driving the car on the cart. Lance played while I put away groceries (amazing that he entertained himself for that long without whining for me) We read books, did puzzles and then watched a little Baby Einstein while lunch was in the oven. He tried fish sticks for lunch (twice) and decided he really did not like them. (But I was just happy that he tried without throwing a fit) A nap for 2 and a half hours, a playdate in the afternoon with a friend, Lena, a full Taco Bell Soft Shell taco for dinner with no fussing, playtime with Geotrax trains and sliding on the school bus (over and over and over again), a bath with his new bath crayons, and then the bedtime routine... In bed at 7:15 - WHEW! It went by fast and was just a good, non-stress day. Sorry, no pics. I kept the camera put away and just enjoyed my time with my little man.
Don't worry - I am sure there will be more soon!
p.s. - I have also started another journaling blog for those who might want to read. I won't be sending out e-mail notifications, like with this blog. But will have a link on this blog page if you are interested.
http://thejoyinme.blogspot.com
No comments:
Post a Comment