May 31, 2009

3rd Trimester.... Here we come!

Heading into week #28 - Beginning of the third trimester - 12 weeks to go! Lots of little updates and pictures to share. I'll try to keep it as short as possible. Still feeling really good, no complaints. Getting more and more excited each day!
3D Sonogram - Baby's 1st Photos:

Saturday we had a 3D sonogram appointment - not anything affiliated with the Dr. Office. Just something for fun! Our friends Dave, Benno and Anne joined us for the excitement - and I sure wish I had a tape recorder of everything we talked about during the 45 minutes of scanning. Benno, who could not even see the face of the baby at first, thinks he saw something else, labeling our little one a boy.... :-) Below are a few of the photos we were able to capture. A GREAT experience and so incredible to be able to see such detail. We couldn't get the baby to wake up, slept right through the entire thing, but did move around a little bit. This first one is the best profile of the face. Ears, Eyes, Nose, Mouth, Chin, and arm. So cool. Keegan and I think it has his nose :-)

We really liked this one... and all laughed at how flexible the baby is. You can see the leg right in front of the face... Touching the leg to the nose, holding the leg with it's hand.
Here are the legs, little feet, an arm, hand and you can see the umbilical cord coming up from the bottom, between the legs, yes it is the umbilical cord.

The baby and I will be talking deeply over the next couple of weeks as right now he/she is breech and not in the right position for me to deliver naturally. Still time to move, but the sooner baby gets in position, the better! Tonight Keegan helped me do handstands in the swimming pool - I read online it can help. Got some exercise anyway!

BELLY PHOTOS:

Out neighbor Jerry is a photographer and was nice to take a few photos of Keegan and I and the bare belly..... Here are just a few. He took them just this morning, so still waiting to see all of them, but I thought I would share these for now.

I heart baby in belly!

A fun one - My belly and Keegan's belly! He wouldn't go bare!

Dogs kissing baby - they couldn't be left out of the photos :-) More to come later.

MISC.

We started researching info on all the different baby items that will need to be purchased and registered for this weekend...... car seat, stroller, baby swing, etc.

The Baby Bjorn - pretty neat invention. Baby faces toward you when little and then outward when they get bigger. Will be nice to have when we take the dogs to the dog park where a stroller won't be useful. After looking at lots of them, we finally decided on a stroller and car seat! Does Keegan look natural or what? :-)

And last, we are attempting to make a hanging mobile type wall art piece. Still have a ways to go. This is Keegan concentrating hard on painting. I'll be sure to post the final product when it's all finished.


I think that is all for now - Gearing up for a trip back home - can't wait, it's been since Christmas - too long!

No comments:

Post a Comment