Even though we are going home for Christmas, we decided to make an early trip back home last weekend. Grandma's 75th birthday gathering was on Sunday and I wanted to surprise her, especialy since we haven't made it home that past couple of years. The weekend was packed, but we really enjoyed seeing everyone! And can't wait to see everyone yet again in only a week.
We especially had fun taking the nieces and nephews (on Keegan's side) out for lunch and playing Lazer Tag - that was one of our first dates in highschool - Go Karts and Lazer Tag.
Thanks to all for making it up to Governors for a fun night of chatting and laughter.
This week has been especially busy at work - and at home I have been busy working on Holiday cards for friends and co-workers. (Still have a few left, sorry to those I haven't finished yet) AND for those that we haven't talked to yet, Keegan has just received a promotion at work.... and this time it will not involve us relocating! Woo Hoo :-) Keegan really does deserve this promotion, whether he will admit it or not. He is very dedicated to his job and the quality of work that he delivers and I think it is GREAT that he can be rewarded like this! I must say, I am VERY proud to be married to someone who really takes pride in his work and who continues to excel in everything that he does.This morning (Friday) I had to be at the Sheraton @ 7am for work. We had a huge breakfast spread and our weekly team meeting, where I had to introduce myself in front of 500+ employees. You would think after performing in front of all kinds of people throughout my life ( & auditioning for American Idol) that I wouldn't be nervous, but I was! There were 3 questions, in addition to my introduction, that I had to answer today that I thought I would share with you all for fun:
1. What is your favorite restaurant? ANSWER: PF Changs
2. What is your New Year's Resolution? ANSWER: Put down the Wii Guitar Hero and pick up the real guitar my husband got me 2 years ago for Christmas and learn to play a couple of songs on that!
3. If you had a super power, what would it be? ANSWER: Talk to the animals (my dogs) like Dr. DooLittle. So that when I ask them how their day was when I get home from work, I would really know how their day was ( and know who it was that tore my comforter to shreads!) Like kids though, I am sure that they would point paws at eachother.
Then after the meeting, we spent over 2 hours signing Holiday cards for our customers. Which was pretty fun stuff - something different than the every day work day anyway.
Tonight is my company Holiday party (Stay tuned for pictures of me with straight hair - I'm getting it straightened this afternoon)
And then we have one day to finish Christmas shopping (Saturday) and on Sunday my friend Miranda is coming over and we are going to bake cookies! I think that covers my world for about a weeks time. Check back tomorrow for some pictures.

No comments:
Post a Comment