Sep 20, 2008

It's all about the dogs!

I thought since it has been a while from when I last wrote, it was probably time again, although nothing too exciting has happened since Labor Day. Pretty much all there is to report on is the dogs...

Update on Daisy:
  • Daisy is still not 100%. We have been slowly letting her become more "active" and she has continued to have trouble breathing. So this past week we slowed her back down and she seems to be doing fine. Doctor says we can't test her again for the heart worm for another 6 weeks.
  • Last weekend we started training with Daisy on the "in-ground " fence and she took to it pretty well. (See pictures above) She follows us and Cooper wherever we go in fear of being shocked, although the day she sees a bird or squirrel and we don't catch her in time, she will be right through I am sure - she just loves to hunt!
  • Daisy has also realized that she prefers to stay out of her crate when we leave and is in a routine that she knows works every time...... when we come back in from letting them out before I leave for work, she scurries up to our bedroom and jumps up on the bed and curls in front of my pillow and gives me the big sad "please let me stay out, I'll be good" look. She has done pretty well so far. Only chewed one sandal that I didn't realize was under the bed.

We have got quite a bit of rain here lately in KC so it seems like mowing is on the "to do" list every 2 or 3 days. (Would have been nice to have that rain in the summer time.) Last night we went out to dinner with our good old QC friends Anne & Tim. We have found a place where we really enjoy the Taco Pizza - not as good as Happy Joe's though!

This weekend Keegan will golf in the annual "Lenexa Deere" outing. That is where he is as I write this blog. Other than that, nothing too new or exciting. Next weekend we will have our friends Jeff and Liz (and their dog Mack) visiting. Hopefully the weather will be nice for some tailgating and the RACE!

No comments:

Post a Comment