Oct 12, 2010

30 things....

Keegan picked up candles for my Cheesecake Factory Red Velvet Cake! And even sang Happy Birthday to me :-) My 30th year is going to be the BEST year of my life so far, I just know it! LOL.

My list of 30 things that I am thankful for on my 30th birthday.

  1. GOD - without him, none of the below would be possible!
  2. My parents - their faith, love and encouragement throughout my first 30 years of life. They have truly made me the person that I am today.
  3. Keegan's parents - first for them raising an amazing son, second for accepting me into their family as their daughter-in-law and third for their continuous love.
  4. KEEGAN - how do I begin to write about ALL of the ways that I am thankful for my absolutely wonderful, loving, affectionate, inspiring, motivating, handsome, hard working, dedicated, serious, humorous so on and so on husband. I have been with Keegan and shared memories with him for almost half of my life now. So greatful to have met my lifelong friend and partner so early in life.
  5. My beautiful baby boy - almost toddler - LANCE. Who would have known how much love you could have for your child. Truly amazing, breathtaking and indescribable.
  6. Family. There is nothing as reassuring, relaxing and comforting as being with family. Especially my brothers and sisters who have added so much to each stage of my life. Without my family I could not be the person that I am today.
  7. My two energetic and unconditional loving dogs - Cooper and Daisy. They still bring a smile to my face- Cooper with his toys and Daisy with her love for birds and her jumping.
  8. My health and the health of my family. Good health really is rare in the world filled with cancers and diseases, etc.
  9. Our friends - new and old, near and far. We have so many fun memories with so many friends and would not enjoy our life as much without them all.
  10. Keegan's job (the security of Keegan's job and the insurance provided through his job)
  11. My job - and the flexibility. And just the cool place that it is! Without our jobs many of the below items that I am thankful would not be possible.
  12. Freedom. And for all of those in the military who give their lives for me and for their country. Can't even imagine what our world would be like without them and their families who sacrifice many of the things that I am thankful for.
  13. Technology - I wouldn't have met Keegan without it!
  14. Our beautiful home and neighborhood.
  15. Fun, loving neighbors. Who we know would do anything for us.... and who love Lance like family. Don't want to think about having to move away from them.
  16. Dependable vehicles.
  17. The outdoors. There is something about being outdoors, especially in nice weather, that just really makes life great! It makes me happy, makes Keegan happy, makes the dogs happy, and makes Lance happy.
  18. Dependable and caring day-care for Lance. Although he is now at a stage where he cries when I drop him off, I know that he loves his teachers who care for him and he learns so much! It is the piece of mind while I am at work.
  19. My curly hair. It makes my life more simple and easy each day!
  20. Music. Whether I listen to it in the car, while at work, while running. Music makes me feel good! Gives me a push sometimes and brings back memories too. Music brings a smile to Keegan's face (certain songs more than others) and Lance loves music too. Without music, life would not be the same.
  21. Good food :-) The type of food depends on my mood and the occasion. Today I was thankful for Minskys Pizza, tonight I am thankful for Salmon, asparagus, mashed potatoes and red velvet cake - from Cheesecake factory. I am really just thankful that I never have to starve or worry about having food on the table.
  22. The gym! Especially when I am thankful for all of the foods in number 18. The gym is not only a place to burn off some calories but I am especially thankful for the steam room that relaxes me beyond belief.
  23. And speaking of relaxing - I am thankful for massages. Nothing compares to a nice, relaxing, refreshing massage.
  24. Cameras (although it could fall under technology, it gets it's own special number). You all know my life would really not be the same without a camera. And Lance will know what his Grandpa looked like because of cameras too!
  25. This one is for Keegan - Beer! For many reasons.....
  26. Airplanes - because I love to travel and love the option to be able to travel so far away.
  27. Beaches. There is just something about the sound of the ocean on a beach. Toes in the sand...
  28. Love - for people loving me and for being able to love. The greatest feeling ever.
  29. LIFE - for the 30 years behind me and the next 30 to come!
  30. Sleep. Where I am heading now to get ready for the next day of my happy life :-)

Lance helping me open my present from work - Cookies from Kansas. Yummmm.... what he liked even more was the Mickey Mouse birthday card he picked out for me.

1 comment: