Nausea has settled down for the most part. A few little episodes in the morning but overall I think that part of pregnancy is ending. And of course, as the nausea began to simmer, Keegan managed to pass along his cold to me!! :-) I will take a raw nose any day over that nausea though. Of course there isn't much to take while pregnant for a cold, but hopefully it will run it's course and be gone.
This one is for the nieces and nephews that like pictures on the blog - we can now call the baby inside me a little "Nutter Butter" instead of a peanut. It is now 3" long, the size of a nutter butter cookie. I couldn't find a photo of one cookie - so maybe Mom and Dad can buy a box at the store to show you how big it is!
Over the past couple of weeks we have been exploring infant care and day care options. Both in- home and facilities. Amazing how booked everyone is - apparently I needed to start calling before we got pregnant. We have also been finalizing our decision on baby furniture and hope to have that ordered in the next couple of weeks. We took apart the water bed in the guest bedroom the other night and got it all put together in the basement. Our guests will have their own little private suite, minus the bathroom, when they come to visit next. We have also started looking at baby names.... just dabbled on some websites. We will be keeping the chosen names a secret until the baby arrives. I am actually surprised that we are agreeing on most all of the names that we see!Keegan and I are heading to Des Moines and Cedar Falls this weekend to visit with some friends. The dogs are staying home :-) Our highschool neighbor kid (lives right next door), that LOVES dogs, is going to dog sit for us for the weekend so that will be a new experience but such a relief for us. Much better than having to take them to a doggy day care. And they will feel so much more relaxed in their own home.
I think that is all from our end. Not much else happening in the lives of the Dodson's besides work and dogs and preparing for baby.
This is an old photo, with our loved and missed Jake Jake, but thought it was appropriate for Valentine's Day. Plus, I don't have a cute photo of Cooper and Daisy like this!.jpg)
Aww ... are you trying to make us cry on Valentine's day? Jake was such a sweet dog! I'm glad you're feeling better Joy! Love ya,
ReplyDeleteNicky